No problems with Michael this morning.
Taking DayQuil in the morning and NyQuil at night is really helping me to feel better... the capsules, John.
I worked at the CPA office today. I had 6 voice messages on my phone! I have been working there for a year and a half and I have only had 3 total until today. 3 were from one person and the other 3 were from one person... so does that only count as 2 messages? Anyway, a ministry client of Elaine's wants me to help them get set up on QuickBooks... can they come in today? I tell them yes, but I leave at 3:00. That kind of interferes with somebody's golf game, but I stand firm... they decide to call me back. Another client is in town from Tennessee and needs me to fix her Accountant's Copy. She is in Grapevine. So I make arrangements to pick up her computer.
Now the first client calls me back. "How about 11:30 and we bring you a burger for lunch?" That would sound really good if I wasn't already sick. (Allergic to wheat, can't eat the bun, etc.) So I say, "No, how about 1:00?" They agree. Gulp. I've never had one of Elaine's clients come into the office for training. What if I make a fool of myself?
So, when they get to the office, I'm kind of intimidated, because they look so professional. I found out really quickly they are not accounting minded, so I look like a genius! I can handle this! 2 hours later I'm ready to get out of Dodge and away from these people. I don't know if they'll ever understand what to do!
Now I have to book it home before Michael gets home from school.
Mary took Michael home to play with Matthew while I run to Grapevine to pick up the computer. Tabitha and Heather went with me because I promised to pick up food on the way back home.
After we got the computer, we stopped by Wendy's to pick up dinner, then stopped by Mary's to pick up Michael, and went home.
Viking Fest starts at 6:30. What is Viking Fest? That's when all the clubs get to sell their stuff! Key Club & PTA are selling memberships. Football team is selling t-shirts, flip-flops, hats, etc. Choir is selling t-shirts, discount dining cards, etc. Cheerleading is selling t-shirts and phone number magnets. You get the picture. Man was that place crowded! Tabitha wanted me right beside her the entire time. I really expected her to run off and leave me standing there, but she didn't. She kept telling me to walk beside her, not behind her. It was just so crowded in the halls, I had a hard time doing that. She didn't run off until I stood in one place talking to one parent. Then she just went around talking to her friends waiting for me to be ready to leave. She is just such a good girl sometimes. I love these moments. We left around 8:15 and dropped Heather off on our way home.
When we got home I decided to take a look at the computer from Tennessee to see if I could get that issue resolved right quick. Yeah, right. The file isn't even on the computer. I called and left her a message to have it emailed to me... we'll see what happens.
Busy day tomorrow!
Friday, August 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Enough with the suspense already... Did you get the file on the TN computer?
John
Post a Comment