So... Michael goes back to school today. He is still a little shaken. Liam called him last night and apologized for hurting Michael and asked if he was okay. That was a big help in getting Michael back to school today. He was leery... but he went. (By the way, Liam's mom called and apologized profusely. She said the school gave Liam In School Suspension for the remainder of the school day, but that she didn't think that was enough and the punishment at home would be more severe.)
Sometime during the school day... Michael is coming back to his homeroom class with a sling on one arm and his gigantic binder and a book in his other arm. Liam tries to hand Michael a note (of apology). Michael tells Liam he has to put his stuff down before he can take the note and walks on by. Now, Michael doesn't speak very loud, so Mrs. Wilson didn't hear Michael. So, she took it upon herself to tell Michael how rude it was to just walk right by Liam when he was trying to hand Michael the note. Keep in mind that Michael has already had a couple of issues with Liam and Mrs. Wilson has sided with Liam. Liam let Michael know that his family is friends with her family and he can do no wrong in her eyes. This can just be boys talking, but imagine how this knowledge, coupled with Mrs. Wilson's getting onto him about not taking the note made him feel. Mrs. Wilson also told Michael to apologize to Liam. I love this next part: Michael actually looked at Mrs. Wilson and asked, "For what?". Yes!!! He stood up for himself!!! Mrs. Wilson told him he needed to apologize to Liam for calling him names in the bathroom the day before. Michael responded, "I didn't call him any names." For which Mrs. Wilson responded, "Oh", and walked away.
You can imagine how I felt upon hearing this wonderful news. I was so proud of Michael, and I was furious with Mrs. Wilson. I thought the issue was resolved and here is my son, upset and in tears yet again! The principal and vice-principal had taken care of the issue the previous day. She didn't need to bring it all up again. Especially if her point was to make Michael feel bad. As if he had done something wrong. After Charlie calmed me down, I sent Mrs. Wilson a simple little e-mail stating that Michael told me she had talked to him about the incident and could she tell me what was said.
To be continued...
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment