So we headed over to the big parking lot we had passed with a general store, a gift shop, and a restaurant. We unhooked the CR-V and took it to see some of the Grand Canyon vistas!

Do you see the rainstorm off in the distance? We saw so much rain while we were on vacation! We weren't in much of it, but it seemed to always be around us.

Look at that dark skyline! We headed off to another viewpoint.

This looked pretty dangerous from where I was standing. But upon closer inspection, there was a railing all the way around that area. Of course there are idiots who have to push the envelope all the time. Like in this next picture. Tabitha and I were totally freaking out that we were going to witness 2 stupid men falling to their deaths.

Yes, they are on the other side of the railing. Yes, they are sitting on the edge of the rock from the previous picture. They were from Kentucky and said they climbed this kind of stuff all the time... no problem. I was having a hard time just standing there knowing how much danger they were in. So I got out of there.

Tabitha and I referred to this area as "Static Corner". It's hard to tell from this distance, but that blond standing next to Charlie, her hair is standing straight up. The funniest was a man with a comb-over. He was with his teenage son, looking over the railing, hair standing straight up at attention.

You can see Charlie carrying Kimie and Charles carrying Sugar in this photo. The dogs handled the height very well.

This was another opportunity for Tabitha and I to freak out. There are no railings down there. People were just climbing down there onto the rocks. The next picture is a zoom in of this picture.

After this family photo, Charlie and Charles dropped us off at the general store and went back to the RV place to see if we could take a "no-show"s spot. Hooray! We got one! Sometimes persistence pays off. It wasn't the nicest of all the places. You had to take a shuttle to the showers because they were so far away. We went back and took pictures at sunset before heading to the restaurant for dinner.

I had NO idea I looked so fat in those jeans!
After dinner we spent the rest of the evening just chatting at the picnic table beside the RV and planning out the next day.

No comments:
Post a Comment